Health Tips – How to Combat the Ill Effects of a Sedentary Lifestyle
You’ve likely seen one of the many articles detailing health, fitness and lifestyle changes to increase overall wellness. Even just getting out for a 20-minute walk can have a drastic positive effect on your health.
Those with a sedentary lifestyle including those who work at jobs where the majority of your day is spent sitting may be at a greater risk for health issues.
But, there are ways you can combat the negative effects of a largely sedentary job or lifestyle:
- Look into a portable standing desk so you can rotate between sitting at your desk and working while standing
- Take the stairs, not the elevator
- Park your car far away from your office entrance
- Walk to a co-workers desk or office instead of sending an email
Away From Work
- Investigate local gyms and fitness programs. Some employers even offer gym discounts or stipends at local fitness facilities
- Park far away from the entrance to a store or restaurant
- Go on hikes or walks with friends, family and pets
- Join a club – it doesn’t have to be fitness based! You can join running or walking clubs but other group activities like bird watching mean more time outdoors and walking
How Karis360 Can Help
- Want to talk with your doctor about finding a workout routine that’s right for you? Member Advisors can find doctors in your area.
- Looking for alternative medicine including chiropractor who can address issues related to sedentary desk jobs? Advisors can research and price chiropractors, acupuncturists and massage therapists in your area.
So a sedentary job or lifestyle doesn’t have to equal health issues for you! Look here for more ways you can increase your overall health and reach out to us today – we can make your health journey easier!