The Karis Group has been Making Healthcare Work® since 1996.
Founded in 1996 and based in Austin, Texas, The Karis Group, Inc. is an award-winning company and leading provider of innovative solutions in healthcare professional services. With the vision to make healthcare work, we serve clients nationwide with our suite of comprehensive services.
The Karis Group is a company dedicated to its faith-based values and vision. Beginning over 22 years ago, our company has provided a rewarding, relationship-based work environment for each and every employee. We are dedicated to creating an environment that encourages personal growth, giving back to the community and generating inspiration; both individually and corporately.
We are driven by four core values:
- Grace – “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
- Integrity – “May integrity and uprightness protect me because my hope, Lord, is in you.” Psalm 25:21
- Joy – “Always be joyful because you belong to the Lord. I will say it again. Be joyful!” Phil 4:4
- Generosity – “Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.” 2 Cor 9:13
Does the Following Describe You?
- Unwavering commitment to excellence, learning and growth
- Strong sense of integrity
- Effective case or account manager able to manage and successfully complete a variety of tasks in a timely and proficient manner
- Confident and effective communicator with individuals from various education and socio-economic backgrounds
- Excellent listening, communication and writing skills with stellar attention to detail
- Proven ability to convey positive and negative outcomes in a caring manner
- Healthcare, hospital, insurance and medical billing experience
- Experience in a customer service and/or call center role
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
Who We Want
Our ideal Member Advisor is searching for a case management-style position in a growing healthcare company. In this role, the Member Advisor will apply their strong interpersonal skills while working on a dynamic, growing team of professionals with various backgrounds.
A successful Member Advisor will embrace challenging and high-impact cases where you will have the opportunity to work with members from various education and economic backgrounds. You would approach this career determined to directly contribute to overall company goals and growth initiatives.
What You’ll Do
Our Member Advisors process and manage member cases and accounts generated daily from inbound calls and emails. Case length ranges from hours to several days depending on Member need. Advisors work with members, medical providers, and others in the healthcare field to navigate the healthcare system locating answers and data for a range of Member needs. Member Advisors work directly within the Karis360 suite of services including Healthcare Navigation, Bill Negotiation and Surgery Saver.
Member Advisors have a professional phone presence, are patient, caring and dedicated to helping a variety of members. Advisors are adept at handling difficult and sensitive situations and cases. Member Advisors are dedicated to achieving established personal and company monthly and annual performance metrics.
What You’ll Learn
- Top-notch training in customer service and case management
- Experience interfacing with C-level executives inside the healthcare space
- Training on web 3.0 technologies
- Mentoring that provides continuous learning opportunities
Here’s Just a Snapshot of Your Role
- Handles and manages personal caseload and member accounts
- Receives daily inbound calls from members to open and work cases with a diverse level of complexity and length to completion
- Conduct deep-level problem solving on a wide variety of healthcare-related issues and topics to reach and communicate solutions in a timely manner
- Work with internal and external solution databases and web-based outlets to discover answers to Member’s questions and information requests
- Evaluates the best possible solution(s) for various plan member inquiries. Delivers results in a simple, understandable format
- Work daily with members from various education and socioeconomic backgrounds to recognize and execute solutions based on member’s requests and needs
- Understand and keep up-to-date with a variety of new and existing healthcare regulation and laws including insurance practices, Medicare, Medicaid, the Affordable Care Act and more.
- Accesses and contributes to a growing solutions database and resource center.
- Extensive training and guidance on technology including SalesForce as well as customer service and case management best practices
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university is required
- At least 1-2 years of healthcare, insurance, pharmacy or related experience
- At least 1-2 years of experience with Call Center, Customer Service functions
- Account management or case management experience
- Must be comfortable working in a Christian environment where Christian faith and values are openly expressed and corporate conduct and decisions are based on Christian principles. Must be comfortable working in this environment and on a daily basis with members from all walks of life. Christian members comprise a large percentage of our client base, and a successful Advisor must be comfortable and conversant with their needs.
- Experience with CRM system (SalesForce experience is a plus)
- HIPAA and Protected Health Information knowledge
- Account management or case management experience
What We Will Include
This role will be the perfect fit for a candidate who is passionate about healthcare and helping people from all walks of life. A competitive salary, employee benefits packages, 401(K) profit-sharing plan with eligibility after one year of employment are provided, along with a wellness program, volunteer opportunities, extensive training and an award-winning culture.
How To Apply
Please complete the online Karis Group Application by clicking the orange “Apply for the position” button on this page.