We are currently seeking a Patient Advocate to join our team at our Austin, TX location.
The Patient Advocate will work directly with a member’s healthcare provider to help reduce the patient’s medical bills through a variety of means.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Working with patients from various education and socioeconomic backgrounds to recognize solutions for patient’s financial needs
- Research possible answers for patient needs to obtain best results possible
- Negotiates with health care providers and billing offices in an effort to reduce patient responsible portion of bills through various means.
- Deliver results to the patient in a simple, understandable format
- Calling patients, health care providers, billing offices, etc.
- Accessing and contributing to a solutions database and resource center
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in Health or Business-related field
- Capable of managing a variety of tasks in a timely and proficient manner
- Results driven
- Research, Analysis, Strategic Thinking and Problem Solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy, attention to detail
- Expertise with computers, technology and CRM systems (SalesForce experience a plus)
- Health care or medical office experience preferred
- Must be comfortable working in an environment with openly expressed Christian values
The Karis Group is an Austin-based award winning professional services firm. We provide solutions for individuals and organizations dealing with challenges presented by the medically uninsured and underinsured population. We provide comprehensive Patient Advocacy services including assistance navigating the health care world.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive market-based salary, commensurate with experience and education
- Generous comprehensive benefits package available including: medical, dental, supplemental benefits, 401k, time-off, wellness programs, semi-annual volunteer opportunities and more.
To Apply: Click the orange “Apply for the position” button to the right of this screen
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Only local candidates to the Austin, TX area will be considered!